This rather fundamental type of research allows a company to define growth potential because it maps out which target group must be reached, in which way, and through which services, products, or messages. Usage & Attitude research is not only interesting for companies that offer physical goods, but is also useful for companies in the service sector.
Aspects of Usage & Attitude research:
- Define the market (market penetration, frequency of use, ...)
- Map out the product or service category
- Who uses the category (target groups)?
- Which brands are used, considered, ... within this category?
- Which products and services are used?
- Where, when and how are products and services used?
- Why is the category used or not (drivers & barriers)?